7.26.2009

Herbs de Pork


For my first post on this blog, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and actually create my own recipe. Now, I am not gonna lie, I looked at a few to see what other people have done, and took ideas from a couple different places, but all in all, its my own recipe. Surprisingly, at least to me, it came out really good! I made corn on the cob as well.
I do not measure herbs and spices very much while cooking, but I tried to estimate as I went along. Therefore, when I say 2 tablespoons of Herbs de Provence, its really just a guess. I just sprinkled it on to cover the tenderloin on all sides. I think any spice/herb combination would work for this recipe.

2 1/2 Lb pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt/pepper to taste
olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using the back of a knife to press down, make the minced garlic into a paste.
Drizzle a little olive oil onto all sides of the tenderloin.
Spread the garlic onto the tenderloin on all sides. I used a rubber spatula to do this.
Sprinkle the herbs de Provence onto the pork, on all sides, covering all surfaces.
Season with salt and pepper as well.
Heat about 1/4 inch olive oil in a large pan over high heat until very hot.
Sear the pork on all sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
Place tenderloin on foil lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
Let rest about 10 minutes, wrapped in foil before serving.

5 comments:

  1. Good job!! This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. That looks amazing. I love getting new pork recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm looks good! Great blog title too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first post, this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete