7.28.2009

Baked Chicken/Roasted Potatoes

One of my absolute favorite flavor combinations is garlic powder and seasoned salt. I don't know what it is, but it tastes good on everything. Meat, potatoes, vegetables, anything! Not the most sophisticated pairing, I know, but I never claimed to be sophisticated anyways.

While this recipe might not be very complicated, it is amazing and is perfect to make on a week day. It is in the oven in minutes, and comes out delicious everytime! Today, I made it for DH, my mom and a family friend. It worked out perfect, timing wise. Came home from work, threw it together, our company arrived, and we were able to catch up while it baked. The recipe is very versatile; use whatever spices and herbs you want, on both the chicken and the potatoes. I have even added parmesan cheese to the potatoes at times.




Baked Chicken

4 chicken breasts (bone in and skin on)
1/4 cup butter/margarine melted
garlic powder
seasoned salt
italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush the chicken breasts with the butter (use all of it!)
Use as much or as little garlic powder and seasoned salt as you want (I use LOTS, surprise surprise).
I just sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on each chicken breast.
Place in shallow baking dish and bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Sometimes, if the chicken is not getting crispy, I will turn the broiler on at the end.






Roasted Potatoes

6 small/medium potatoes
garlic powder
seasoned salt
steak seasoning blend (I use McCormick)
1/4 cup butter/margarine melted
olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cube the potatoes into bite sized pieces.
Drizzle olive oil onto a baking sheet.
Toss the potatoes in the oil.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Season with garlic and seasoned salt. I encourage a heavy hand!
Sprinkle with steak seasoning blend. More will make it pretty zesty.

Bake for approx. 40 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork, and crispy on the outside. Check halfway through and stir the potatoes a little to prevent sticking.

1 comment: