8.23.2009

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta


I know, I know. Bacon. Alfredo. Pasta. Not the healthiest dinner in the world. But it was yummy! The inspiration for this recipe actually came from DH. We were at the grocery store, and he told me he wanted chicken, bacon pasta with a ranch sauce. So I thought for a second, and this is the recipe I came up with. I didn't want the sauce to taste like ranch dressing right out of the bottle, so I decided to put ranch seasoning into alfredo sauce. DH thought it wasn't ranch-y enough, but I liked it.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
1 jar alfredo sauce (or homemade)
1/2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled. (I fried up the whole pound, and saved the other half for a different meal)
8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked to package directions
olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
dried parsley, as garnish
salt and pepper to taste
Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Brush on chicken. Let marinate for about 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium size pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
Brown chicken and cook thoroughly, about 7 minutes each side. Slice when cooked.
In a saucepan, simmer alfredo sauce. Add remaining Ranch seasoning to sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through.
Top pasta with sauce, then chicken, then bacon. Sprinkle parsley on top.

1 comment: