8.11.2009

Sweet and Sour Cocktail Meatballs



I made these meatballs last week for a potluck at work. I have wanted to make them for a long time and just never really had a chance to. They were a hit! I think I only had eight left. You can also make them with lil' smokies or sliced kielbasa/smoked sausage. I made them the night before and poured them into a large crockpot. I refrigerated them overnight. At work, I turned the crockpot on high about 2 hours before they were served.

Sweet and Sour Cocktail Meatballs

3-5 lbs of meatballs/lil' smokies/kielbasa (I used about 4lbs of frozen meatballs)

1 32 ounce jar of grape jelly

2 12 ounce jars of chili sauce (I used Heinz brand)

pinch of cayenne pepper, optional

Whisk jelly, chili sauce and cayenne in a large pot.

Bring to a boil and simmer until jelly is completely dissolved.

Add meatballs/smokies/kielbasa and simmer for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

Recipe Credit: Kittencal on Recipezaar

No comments:

Post a Comment